This Statement of Faith is the foundation upon which the Educational Program and Administration of Southern Highlands Christian School is based.
- We believe in the divine inspiration, infallibility and supreme authority of the Old and New Testaments in their entirety. We believe that the Holy Spirit so moved the writers that what they wrote are authoritative, verbally inspired statements of truth for all matters of faith and conduct. The Bible is therefore thoroughly trustworthy in all its details and without error in all that it affirms.
- We believe in the One God in whom there are three equal, Divine Persons, revealed as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and who, of His sovereign will, created the heavens the earth and all that is contained within the universe.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternally existing only begotten Son of the Father, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. As God He became flesh and dwelt among us: as man He was God.
- We believe that all men are in a fallen, sinful and lost condition through the rebellion of Adam and Eve, who were created without sin, but who fell into sin through their disobedience to God. In this state of depravity, men are helpless to save themselves and are under the condemnation of God to eternal punishment in hell.
- We believe that salvation from the guilt, penalty and power of sin is found only through the substitutionary, atoning death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that it is the Holy Spirit alone, through the Word of God, who convicts men of sin, leads them to repentance, creates faith within them, and regenerates and fills those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord. It is the indwelling Holy Spirit who bestows the Gifts of the Spirit and manifests the Fruit of the Spirit in the life of the believer. Baptism of the Spirit is not subsequent to a personal confession that Christ is Lord.
- We believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and on the third day rose from the dead; that He appeared to men who touched Him and knew His bodily presence after His resurrection; and that He ascended to His Father in heaven.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will return in person with His saints and that the full consummation of the Kingdom of God awaits His return.
- We believe that after death the bodies of men return to dust, but their spirits return immediately to God – the righteous to be with Him and the unrighteous to be reserved for the judgment.
- We believe that God has appointed a day of final judgment for the world. At that time Jesus Christ will judge every man and each will receive reward or punishment according to his deeds. Those judged righteous will, in their resurrected and glorified bodies, receive their reward and will dwell forever in heaven with the Lord. The unrighteous will be consigned to hell, the place of everlasting punishment.
- We believe in the actual existence of Satan, who is father of all evil and opposed to God, although ultimately subject to the purposes of God and destined to be confined forever to hell.
- We believe the Church is the Body of Christ, composed of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, which finds its visible manifestation in the local community of believers and ministers through the cooperative exercise of God-given gifts by the entire membership.
- We believe that there are two ordinances instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ:
BAPTISM, which is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace.
THE LORD'S SUPPER, which is a memorial proclamation of the Lord’s death until He returns.