OUR MISSION IS TO CONDUCT A SCHOOL WHICH SEEKS TO:
OFFER biblically-shaped, Christ-centred, parent-governed education, Prep to Year 12.
CULTIVATE a Christian educational community characterised by thankfulness, prayer, loving relationships and service; a community which lives out the commandment – You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbour as yourself.
SUPPORT parents and guardians in the raising of their children.
REINFORCE a strong learning culture within the School community, acknowledging that the Lord has given a rich store of very diverse gifts and abilities to its members.
ENABLE staff to teach from a biblical worldview shaped through the lens of Christ and using best practice pedagogy.
PROMOTE the value of biblically-shaped, Christ-centred, parent-governed education to the community of the Southern Highlands and beyond.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is seen to have his rightful place at the centre of all aspects of School life.
- His Word is seen to be the final authority for all policies, programs and procedures.
- The hallmarks of Christ-likeness are on display.
- The responsibility of parents and guardians for the education of their children is honoured.
- Learning is characterised by wonder and awe, enthusiasm, diligence and purposeful endeavour, in line with the gifts and abilities of each member.
- Teaching is characterised by wonder and awe, enthusiasm, diligence and purposeful endeavour in order that students are robustly prepared to impact the prevailing culture as servants of Christ.
- Southern Highlands Christian School is a blessing to the community of the Southern Highlands and beyond.